Why did mercantilism evolve into capitalism?
What is mercantilism?
In order for the absolutist rulers to be able to pay their high expenses for their splendid life, the court and the expensive army, the income of the state had to rise and rise again.
What is mercantilism?
In France, the finance minister developed the name Jean Baptiste Colbert (1618-1683) a system in which the state intervened in economic processes or planned them precisely. That was called mercantilism. Sometimes one speaks of Colbertism. However, this form of economy had existed for a long time, so Colbert did not "invent" it, only implemented it consistently. Even before Colbert, the economy was increasingly controlled by the state so that more income should flow into the state budget.
France should earn as much money as possible with high-quality goods made in the country. The goods were produced in factories in which each craftsman worked on a pro rata basis. That was a bit of the forerunner of assembly line work, except that everything is still done by hand - both in Latin "manus" the hand - was made. Goods were not allowed to be imported from outside, they were subject to customs duties. So people bought the cheaper goods made in the country and the money stayed in the country. Cheap raw materials came from the French colonies. So you bought cheap and sold dear.
Even if mercantilism had its origin in absolutist France, it was also implemented in Prussia and Austria. Here, too, financial policy, like economic policy, was influenced by mercantilism. The name for this form of economy was "Kameralistik". The main goal was agriculture.
- What are some great starters for the vacation
- What is employment at will
- What causes pus in my eyelid
- Is mediahuman com safe
- What did Modi do right
- Can religious power be equal to economic power?
- Islamabad is a capitalist state of Pakistan
- Why did Japan lose in World War II
- Rare elements in an array
- Why does Mamata Banerjee promote Islam
- Bangladesh is a failed nation like Pakistan
- How does it feel to be called names
- How does the UN recruit people
- The IIT also has weak students
- What can you do after MA in English
- Can CPAP ozonization damage the vocal cords?
- Where do millennials want to work
- Who is Goddess Saraswati
- Have you ever taken a carriage ride
- The prices for solar modules are falling rapidly
- What is the Kapoor caste
- Why New Zealand imports skin
- What causes the eyesight to deteriorate
- How do publishers find new authors
- What happens when a candle burns out
- Where can I buy butter in Lahore
- Where is Tarrytown Austin TX
- What is the best non-extradition country
- Bachelor degree in French
- How do I get to Munnar
- Which is better script or production
- What are some all vowel words
- India uses its people effectively
- All Chinese words are one syllable