Some colors absorb ultraviolet light
In absorption photometry, chemical reactions or the concentration of chemical compounds are recorded by measuring light or light absorption. It is therefore necessary to first work out some basics about light.
A solution has a certain color because it lets this color through, but absorbs the color that is complementary to this color.
Example: A solution appears red to our eyes because this solution absorbs the green light and transmits the complementary color red.
The following table shows the spectral colors of white light and the complementary colors.
|red||green||490 - 580|
|blue||yellow||580 - 595|
|green Blue||orange||595 - 650|
|green (blue-green)||red||650 - 780|
For example, in order to specifically measure the light absorption of a red solution, green light, i.e. light with a wavelength between 490 and 580 nm, must be sent through the cuvette.
In addition to visible light, UV light is also used in clinical chemistry for absorption photometric determinations.
UV light comprises electromagnetic radiation with wavelengths between 195 and 380 nm. It is very rich in energy and can lead to physical damage (e.g. sunburn).
Substances with isolated double bonds, triple bonds, peptide bonds and carbonyl groups as well as aromatic compounds absorb a lot of UV light. The most important molecule in clinical chemistry that is measured in the UV range is the coenzyme NADH (nicotinamide dinucleotide).
- Donald Trump gives you depression
- Where can I see Sailor Moon
- What are the most secure free email accounts
- Why do people hate Fox News
- What is a tenth
- What do you wish for this Diwali
- India is the cancer of the world
- How mighty a god Hanuman was
- What are Christian Beliefs Regarding LGBTQ
- What kind of coffee does McDonalds use
- What is post-harvest technology
- What is the rarest Bugatti car
- Are vegans thinner than omnivores
- What is a church that teaches the Bible
- What values do you teach your children
- Was Abraham Lincoln a Democrat or a Republican?
- Suffering is a blessing or a curse
- Theresa May's Brexit deal is now dead
- What is the best vodka chaser
- Where do millennials want to work
- Switzerland is the most libertarian society
- What are the negative aspects of Seeman
- How are Shudras Hindus
- What's so interesting about Rhode Island