Is Mohanlal from Trivandrum
T. K. Rajeev Kumar - U.S. Route 84 in Alabama
1961 (58–59 years)
|Years active||1982 - today|
|Spouse||Latha Curia Rajeev|
T. K. Rajeev Kumar (* 1961 in Kottayam, India) is a National Award winning Indian director of Malayalam films from Trivandrum. Winner of five Kerala State Film Awards for best motion picture, director, story writer and screenwriter, show director, stage actor and percussionist (mridangam). Founding member and leader of the music band Blue Birds in 1980 & Super Mimics, a comedy show in 1979. Kerala University Winner of the Mono Act at the University Youth Festivals. 1980-82 Kerala Sangeetha Nataka Academy winner for Mono Act. 1979-82.
TK Rajeev Kumar was the chairman of the Kerala State Chalachitra Academy from 2003 to 2006. From 2003 to 2006 he was also director of the IFFK International Film Festival of Kerala and 2002 vice chairman of the Kerala State Chalachitra Academy nominated as chair of the jury for the Kerala State Film Awards 2007. Member of the Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FICCI), General Council, Film & Television Institute, Pune (2003–2008). He was the artistic founder of JTPac, Kochi (Jose Thomas Performing Art Center). Now the Artistic Director of Blue Mermaid Events, Kochi. Conception and direction of more than 40 international shows, 4 plays, 80 national cultural events and national festivals.
He was Creative Director for the 35th NATIONAL GAMES OF INDIA 2015 in Kerala - OPENING AND CLOSING CEREMONIES.
Conception and direction of "SENTIMENTAL CELLULOID", the SIGNATURE FILM for the 22nd International Film Festival (! FFK) 2017
His only brother TK Sajeev Kumar, Visual Editor at Kerala Kaumudi & is the editor-in-chief of Flash films published by the Kerala Kaumudi group. Sajeev Kumar T.K has been reappointed the Society for News Design's Regional Director for Asia and the South Pacific. He runs a website www.newspaperdesign.in about news design in India and neighboring countries.
He is closely related to the family of the well-known Nadaswaram artists Ambalapuzha Brothers. His talents were identified early on by Sri Ramunni (leading actor in Aravindan's Kumatty), the younger brother of the Ambalapuzha brothers. Sri Ramunni took the initiative and was made a disciple of the Ghattom exponent Alleppey Prabhu. Under him he began the early lessons of the percussion instrument mridangam. He later continued his mridangam studies with the well-known drummer Mavelikkara SR Raju in Trivandrum. During his college years at the Government Arts College in Trivandrum, Prof. Aliyar Kunju gave an insight into youth festivals, theater productions and film companies at the university. The late commercial filmmaker Mathew Paul introduced him to Jijo & Jose from Navodaya Films. Former General Manager of the State Bank of Travancore Sri: Sreenivasan gave him the support to become a filmmaker.
TK Rajeev Kumar was born into the Thazhathupurrakal family, Thirunaekkara, Tekkumgopuram, Kottayam District, Kerala. His education began at the Baker Kindergarten School in Kottayam (1966-70) and was continued in the MT Seminary High School (1971-72), followed by the SDV School in Alleppey (1973-75) and in the MT Seminary High School ( 1971-72 and 1976)) Kottayam. His college studies began at Government Arts College in Trivandrum (1976-78) and ended at University College, Thiruvananthapuram (1978-82). He was a student of Kerala Law Academy Law College, Thiruvananthapuram from 1982.
During his studies he moved to the State Bank of Travancore, Kottyam Main Branch. He began his film career in Malayalam as an assistant director for the Navodaya Production Company at the age of 19. He received his lessons from the filmmaker, the son of Navodaya Appachan. He was fortunate enough to work with Jijo Punnose on The Making of India's First 3D Movie "My Dear Kuttichathan" (My Dear Chotta Chaetan). He associated Regunath Paleri in his directorial debut "Onnu Muthal Poogyam Varae", produced by the Navodaya Production Company. His debut film was Chanakyan with Kamal Hassan and Urmila Matondkar alongside Jayaram. After his debut film, he became associated with making the Bible ke Khaniya (Stories from the Bible), which Navodaya produced for Doordarshan in 1990-93. He was signed by Kamalhassan to direct a historical film in Tamil that was written in 1990 by well-known writer Sujatha and was never released due to budget constraints. While at the State Bank of Travancore Sri.Sreenivasan, the then general manager supported his cultural leanings and peculiarities. He was given permission to make his debut film, "Chanakyan". The banking authorities supported him, but the rules never allowed them to protect Rajeev's services at the bank. He left the State Bank of Travancore when he was associated with the SBT Zonal Office in Trivandrum in the early 1990s.
Feature films1989-90 Directed "Bible Ki Kahani" (Stories from the Bible) for some episodes of the television series for Doordarshan, National Television of India. 1997 & 2009 directed the revised versions of My Dear Kuttichathan 3D (India's first 3D film, produced by Navodaya & directed by Jijo)
|1984||My dear Kuttichathan||Master Aravind, Baby Sonia, Master Suresh, Kottarakkara Sridharan Nair||Malayalam||Navodaya Films||India's first 3D film. Worked as assistant director and script supervisor|
|1989||Chanakyan||Kamal Hassan, Urmila Matondkar, Jayaram, Sitara||Malayalam||Navodaya films||Debut as a director. Kerala Film Critics Award and the Filmfare Award for Best Director|
|1990||Kshanakkathu||Niyas, Nedumudi Venu, Thilakan||Malayalam||M / S Central Pictures|
|1991||Ottayal Pattalam||Mukesh, Madhubala||Malayalam||M / S Century Films|
|1994||Pavithram||Mohanlal, Vinduja Menon, Shobana||Malayalam||Vishudhi Films||Filmfare Award for Best Actor (Mohanlal) 1994|
|1996||Thacholi Varghese Chekavar||Mohanlal, Urmila Matondkar, Nirosha||Malayalam||Seven art films|
|1999||Kannezhuthi Pottum Thottu||Manju Warrier, Thilakan, Biju Menon, Abbas||Malayalam||One 2 One Creations||First Malayalam film with Avid technology. National Special Jury Award (1999) for Best Actress by Manju Warrier. She finished her first phase of acting after this film|
|1999||Jalamarmaram||VC Harris, P. Balachandran, Aswin Thampi, Joby||Malayalam||The Blue Mermaid Picture Company||National Award for Best Environmental Feature Film, Kerala State Award for Second Best Feature Film 2000|
|2000||Raja Ko Rani Se Pyar Ho Gaya||Arvind Swamy, Manisha Koirala||Hindi|
|2001||Vakkalathu Narayanankutty||Jayaram, Jagathy Sreekumar, Mukesh, Manya||Malayalam||Cinema cinema|
|2002||Sesham||Jayaram, Biju Menon, Murali, Geethu Mohandas||Malayalam||The Blue Mermaid Picture Company||2002 Kerala State Award for Best Feature Film, Editing, Sound Recording, Best Story and Special Jury Award for the Actor in the Leading Role.|
|2004||Ivar||Jayaram, Biju Menon, Bhavana||Malayalam||Damor Films||Complete with steadycam||Free kick||Sushand Singh, Asif Basra, Sathyajit, Gowri Karnik, Rajesh Hebbar||Hindi||Jammu Sugahand Productions||not published yet|
|2009||Chal Chala Chal||Govinda, Reema Sen, Rajpal Yadav, Murli Sharma, Om Puri, Manoj Joshi||Hindi||Fuel Picture Company||Remake of the Malayalam film Varavelpu and scenes from Ee Parakkum Thalika.|
|2009||Seetha Kalyanam||Jayaram, Jyothika, Indrajith, Geethu Mohandas||Malayalam||Revathy Kalamandir|
|2009||Kushti||Rajpal Yadav, Great Khali, Om Puri, Sarat Saxena, Manoj Joshi||Hindi||SRK conversations||Remake of the Malayalam film Mutharamkunnu PO|
|2010||Oru Naal Varum||Mohanlal, Sreenivasan||Malayalam||Maniyanpilla Raju Productions|
|2011||Rathinirvedam||Shweta Menon, KPAC Lalitha||Malayalam||Revathy Kalaamandhir Production||Remake of the 1978 film of the same name|
|2011||Thalsamayam Oru Penkutty||Nithya Menon, Shweta Menon, Unni Mukundan||Malayalam||Reel 2 Reel Cine Productions|
|2013||Up and down: Mukalil Oralundu||Indrajith, Meghana Raj, Prathap Pothen, Remya Nambeesan||Malayalam||Blue Mermaid Picture Company||Based on Gr Indugopans Up & Down|
|2019||Kolaambi||Nithya Menon, Renji Panicker, Rohini, Dileesh Pothan G Suresh Kumar||Malayalam||Roopesh Omana, Nirmalyam Cinema||Selected for Indian Panorama, 2019 India International Film Festival, Goa|
- 1994. ADVT film for Colombo Umbrellas - 30 sec .:
- 1995: AWARENESS SPOT - Zoo Watch / 1 min.
- 1998: DOCUMENTARY - Green City, Clean City / 20 min. For Trivandrum Corporation
- 1999: DOCUMENTARY - Flavors of Kerala / 23 min / video documentation in English about the cuisine of Kerala
- 1999: CORPORATE FILM - Astamudi Resorts
- 2000: ADVT: Film - Astamudi Resorts
- 2000: SHORT FILM - A cot to win or a tree to lose / 10 min / time
- 2003: ADVT: Film for MILMA / 1 min / times
- 2004: ROAD SHOW - 'PALATHULLY' for Malayala Manorama
- 2004: CORPORATE FILM - Malayala Manorama "PALATHULLY" / 20 min / times & English
- 2004: ADVT: Film - Malayala Manorama “PALATHULLY” (rain harvest) / 30sec. / Times
- 2005: CHANNEL'S SIGNATURE FILM - Amrita Television / 4 min
- 2006 - CORPORATE FILM for Malayala Manorama, awarded at the IPDC UNESCO Prize for Rural Communication - 10min
- 2007 - CORPORATE FILM for Malatala Manorama
- 2008 - Birth of a newspaper for Mal ayala Manorama
- 2009 - Anuyatra - a short film about Late Prof: Anandakuttan
- 2009 - JT Performing Art Center presentation film
- 2009 - Traffic awareness film for Malayala Manorama
- 2009 - Choice Marina presentation film
- 2010 - Nadaswara Exponents Ambalapuzha Brothers website launch
- 2011 - Kerala Lottery Onam Bumper Advt:
- 2014 - PONNAYIRAM, a documentary film based on the 1000 day celebration of the government of Kerala
- 2014 - Out of the Box - a commercial for the Kerala Chief Minister's Facebook book
- 2015 - CHOICE SCHOOL - a music album
- 2016 - UDF 5th Year, a documentary based on the celebration of the 5th year of the government of Kerala
- 2017 - RAAG MANIRANG - Documentary about Neyyattinkara Vasudevan for Prd, Government of Kerala.
- 2018 - ADVT film for the LDF governments 3rd year
- 2020 - ADVT Film for Life Mission, Government of Kerala
- 2020 - UNMEDIATED - Documentary about Sashi Kumar, Media Person for Media Academy, Government of Kerala.
- STAR NIGHT conducted by BHANU PRIYA & SUPER MIMICS / Stage show in the United Arab Emirates / 1990
- MOHANLAL AND THE MAGIC LAMP / Stage show in the United Arab Emirates / 1995
- SHOW '95, organized by the Association of Malayalam Movie Artistes (AMMA) / staged in Trivandrum, Cochin and Calicut.
- The stage show in connection with the MISS WORLD COMPETITION, which took place in November 1996 in Bangalore (together with Priyadarshan).
- ARABIAN DREAMS / 1997 / Stage show with Suresh Gopi and other Malayalam stars through the Middle East.
- UTSAV / 2000 / stage show with Mohan Lal through the USA, Shobana and other stars
- YESUDAS music evening - Dubai / 2000
- SAMSKARA / 2000 / Mega Cultural Show in connection with the inauguration of the KERALA TRAVEL MART in Kochi
- A FAIRY TALE / 2001 / stage show that toured the Middle East with top Malayalam stars.
- The opening ceremony - BHAVA RAS A - at the GLOBAL INVESTORS MEET, Cochin 2003
- 2000– 2006
- “GANDHARVA SANDHYA” music events in homage to Sri.Yesudas
- ASIANET FILM AWARD function from 2000-2004
- STATE FILM AWARDS & TELEVISION AWARDS FUNCTION - 2000–2004
- 75 Years of Malayalam Film Music Mega Event 2005
- 'KATHAYATTOM' a stage show in connection with 100 years of Malayalam novel with Mohanlal for Malayala Manorama 2003 - 05
- AMRITA TELEVISION Channel Launch 2005
- VELLI THIRAMALA, a musical event in Dubai for Malayala Manorama 2006
- BHAVAYAMI, a musical event in Dubai for Malayala Manorama 2007
- JAI HIND Television Launch 2007
- PRANAYAPOORVAM, a musical event in Dubai for Malayala Manorama 2008
- BHEEMAM, based on Randamoozham 2009
- ANUYATRA by MT Vasudevan Nair, start of the music album in 2009
- LAL SAALAM - 30 years of Mohanlal - a musical travel report @ Dubai
- Nannipoorvam Mohanlal @ Trivandrum
- SREE RAGA M - Congratulations to MG Sreekumar, Dubai 2010
- CHITRA POURNAMI - 25 years of singing career of ks chitra, Trivandrum 2011
- SWARNA KAMALAM 2010 - Congratulations to Kamal Hassan - Government: of Kerala
- Onam Pagentary 2010
- Chitra Pournami 2011 - Celebration to mark the end of 30 years of musical career of the famous singer KS Chitra.
- Dhanti TV 2013 - 100 years of Indian cinema in Dubai
- Mazhavil Azhakil Amma 2013 - Celebrating 100 Years of Indian Cinema. @ Sharjah, United Arab Emirates & Kochi
- Kerala Film Producer's Association & Matrix Media Pearl Awards 2013 - 80 Years of Malayalam Cinema @ Doha
- Celebrate Awards 2013 - Kerala Cricket Association @ Calicut
- 2013 Kerala International Film Festival Closing Ceremony
- 35th NATIONAL GAMES OF INDIA - OPENING AND CLOSING CEREMONIES - "BHAVA RASA & RIVERS OF INDIA" 2015
- CREDAI - Trivandrum - Event Vayali Bamboo Music
- Conceived and directed 'NADANAM VENU LAYAM, celebrates 40 years of Nedumudi Venus as an actor
- PANCHA BHOOTHA, show by AMMA for Asianet 2018 in Abu Dhabi
- DEVA BHOOMIKA, a choreographed show directed by Asha Sharreth in 2019
- MOHALLALUM KOOTTUKAARUM, an event @ Dubai for Janmabhoomi 2019
Kerala University Youth Festival Award for Best Monact Actor - 1978 -80 Kerala Sangeetha Nataka Academy Award for Best Monoact Performance - 1980 All India One Act piece, Pune 1981, Best Actor
- 'Chanakyan '
- Kerala Film Critics Award for debut director 1989
- Filmfans Award for the best director.
'Kannuyezhuthi Pottum Thottu '' ''
- Manju Warrier (Special Jury Prize)
- 'Jalamarmaram '
- - Ashwin 2000
- shared with B. Unnikrishnan
- Gulf Malayalee Best Film Award 2000
- Selected for the Milan Festival (MIFF 2000), Cairo Festival 2000, Euro-Shorts 2000, Hazel Wolf Umwelt Fi lm Festival (2001), Toronto Environmental Film Festival (2001) and Cornell Environmental Film Festival (2001)
- Santharam Award for Best Film and Director 2001
- Kerala Film Critics Award for best film. Best Director, Best Actor, Best Actress, and Best Sound Recording. 2001
- Padmarajan Puraskaram for Best Film & Director 2001 & Asianet Awards for Best Screenplay 2001-02
- Mathrubhoomi Award for best film 2001
- Cinema Express Award for Best Film 2001-2002
"Palathully", a short film about rain harvesting for Malayala Manorama, won the UN International Award for best film for the campaign.
http://mathrubhuminews.in/ee/Programs/Episode/13745/songs-from-tk- rajeev-kumars-movies-chakkarapanthal-ep-102 / E www.yentha.com/.../interview-of-the -week-tk-rajeev-kumar-forever-in- www.sify.com/ movies / malayalam / interview.php? id = 6005465 & cid. www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bvs4raT_cbM www.youtube.com/watch?v=1qXUbyim8EM www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZqTzDkavgKI Kerala Lottery Onam Bumper - TK Rajeev Kumar
- What did Israel look like many years ago
- How many departments in the Indian police force
- How do I apply for aviation
- Is BJP the best or not
- Who's a better alternative than Modes
- Nationalization of the banks means
- Is KTM bicycles safe to buy
- What is the smallest city in Florida
- What are some paid messages
- What is political spectrum
- What do people think of Pune
- Birds make good pets
- Where can I find deer
- What are the different types of cigarettes
- How powerful is Japan
- How can you prevent gallstones from forming
- How do mobile applications make money
- What do the Kashmiri India hate
- What is the Best Razer Blade Laptop
- How was Mozart as a person?
- Why do so many people hate Israel
- Should the House of Lords be reformed
- Which ranking website is better for colleges
- What is the purpose of dying