What is a car battery multimeter
Instructions for checking and testing the car battery voltage with the multimeter
If your car is no longer the youngest, it definitely makes sense to check the condition of the car battery from time to time. Just when winter comesIn the worst case, you save yourself the need to bridge the gap or jump start the car if the car no longer starts because the car battery is empty. 🙁
In newer vehicles, for example in the Golf 7, you can call up the battery status directly in the vehicle - but with older vehicles you still have to use the good old way to get the battery test with the multimeter. How this works and what you need for it, I'll tell you in this guide.
You will also find out everything about the condition of your battery - for that you need the Measurement results of the multimeter evaluate.
Quick knowledge: Did you know that modern cars also draw energy from the battery when stationary? If the car is not used, it loses about 0.5 ampere hours per day and a full 15 ampere hours per month.
This is how you test the state of charge and the capacity of your car battery
In the introduction I already mentioned that you use a so-called Multimeter needs. This measuring device is not expensive and, in addition to testing the battery on the car, you can also use it for many other useful things in the household and the garage.
This multimeter is the absolute front runner in the area of price-performance:
No products found.
The step-by-step instructions:
- First you have to open the hood of your car and get to the car battery. Often this is exposed, or you have to open a small cover to expose the poles.
- Now you have to get yours Set the multimeterto test the battery voltage. To do this, set the device to direct current (DC) and a measuring range of approx. 12 volts. The measuring range is important, otherwise incorrect values will be displayed.
- Now you can Test leads to the battery terminals Create (plus - red and minus - black). You should see a measurement result on the display.
- Now we have to Interpret measurement results. The value on the multimeter's display must be with a healthy or intact battery over 12 volts lie. If this is not the case, the battery should urgently be recharged, otherwise in the worst case it can no longer be used as a starter battery.
- Additional info: The capacity of your battery is given in ampere-hours (Ah). This is usually on the side or between the battery poles.
To charge the battery, you should either take a longer drive or get a battery charger, which you then connect to the poles overnight to charge the battery via a socket.
To check and test the battery yourself, you have to apply the multimeter to the battery terminals and then interpret the measurement results.
Test the car battery without a multimeter
This variant is pretty old school 😉 It is also not very meaningful. Nevertheless, I would like to explain them to you quickly - because you don't always have a multimeter on hand to check the car battery.
- Park your car in front of a light wall in the evening (it should be dark).
- Leave the dipped headlights on, but then turn off the ignition of the car.
- If the light dimmed quickly, flickered or decreased, this is an indicator of a weak car battery.
- The cranking process is also always a good way to test the battery. If the starter turns long before the car starts, this can also be a sign of a weak battery.
No results were found that match your search criteria.
I hope this guide on how to test the car battery with the multimeter was useful.
Here you can see the complete process again in the video:
Have a good trip - your Janne[/ vc_column] [/ vc_row]
- How do digital artists make money
- What are the best books for Gk
- Why do people divorce before marriage
- Why should CEOs get stock options
- What is white flight
- Truck drivers usually sleep in hotels
- Depression can lead to dementia
- Well worth living in India
- What are Marxist views on crime
- How does a freon leak smell
- Do you like licking armpits
- How many Singaporeans support the Islamic State
- Why do people get divorced
- What was Hitler's agenda behind World War II
- What are good cameras for product photography
- How can we believe in astrologers
- Why do AAP supporters hate homosexuals
- What is the addictive drug
- What is racial ideology
- What religion has morals that you admire
- Are Rush's lyrics fascist
- Why India forfeits Kashmir to Pakistan
- Why do geniuses have terrible social skills
- How can I download Hindi MP3 songs
- Why can't I stop loving
- What colors are hazel eyes
- What is math 1
- What did Britain give to the colonists?
- What's the wildest conversation you've heard
- Which franchising business would you invest in?
- Are Bengal's fiercest enemy of themselves
- Why did Bhavya Gandhi leave TMKOC
- People take reviews seriously
- What are some examples of popular sovereignty