Are Njoy e cigarettes better than Juuls
More than 30 deaths from e-cigarettes in the US - mixing warning
New York - The number of e-cigarette deaths has continued to rise in the United States. As of Tuesday, 33 people in 24 US states had died after using electronic cigarettes, the CDC said on Thursday (local time).
The compositions of the ready-mixed liquids (liquids) for inhalation are more strictly regulated in Europe than in the USA. According to a current assessment by the German Federal Institute for Risk Assessment (BfR), e-cigarette smokers do not face any increased risks if they use products that comply with European regulations. But there are dangers especially for self-mixers. To be on the safe side, "steamers" should watch out for symptoms such as breathing difficulties or chest pain, advises BfR President Andreas Hensel. "Especially after a product change."
Do not make mixtures yourself
Above all, however, the users of e-cigarettes should refrain from making mixtures themselves. Because without sufficient knowledge, there is a risk that substances such as oils are used when mixing them yourself. They could cause serious respiratory problems if you inhale. In reports to German poison information centers, for example, self-mixed e-liquids have often been the cause of health problems.
In the United States, a number of severe lung conditions including shortness of breath, coughing and chest pain have been reported within a short period of time after vaping e-cigarettes. Recently there was evidence that THC products could play a role in the illnesses and deaths. THC (tetrahydrocannabinol) is found in cannabis and is mainly responsible for the intoxicating effects of the drug. Among the more well-researched cases of the disease, the majority of patients reported having smoked products containing THC.
1,500 confirmed diseases in the United States
The dead were an average of 44 years old, the youngest 17, the oldest 75, reported the US health authorities. In addition, there are almost 1,500 confirmed diseases almost across the country. A week earlier, the number of deaths was 26 and the number of illnesses was just under 1,300. Controversial US supplier Juul Labs has since stopped selling flavored, fruit-flavored e-cigarettes in the United States, anticipating an impending ban.
The complaints still appear to be almost entirely confined to users in the United States. Isolated cases were mentioned from Canada.
According to the BfR, a liquid - usually nicotine-containing - is heated in the e-cigarette. As it evaporates, it can be inhaled. As far as we know today, e-cigarettes are less hazardous to health than conventional tobacco products. However, inadequately researched ingredients, impurities or new liquid and vaporizer products could increase the health risks.
Large amounts of steam in the lungs
In the case of high-performance "sub ohm" models, large amounts of the steam also reached the lungs directly. The effects are still largely unexplored. Nicotine-free liquids could also be problematic. Because they do not fall under tobacco law and therefore do not have to comply with any tobacco law provisions. This also included bans on the use of ingredients that are hazardous to health and the applicable reporting requirements. (APA, dpa, October 18, 2019)
- In 2020, supersonic flight will return
- How can youth enter politics in India
- Why are communists despised in the West?
- What is an ACH
- How can I destroy my PC by myself
- What is the ethics of globalization
- What's so great about Tulu Nadu
- Do you take a nap during the day
- Is Haryana developed
- What are 1950s style sitcom themes
- Would you rather be hated or ignored?
- Converts Arya Samaj Muslims to Hinduism
- What are the best conversations between lovers
- Why Mamta Banerjee hates Hindu
- How old did you look when you were 20
- Which album has no skippable songs?
- Is Capterra a scam
- Is astigmatism curable
- Why sugar is needed for your body
- How can I become a successful hairdresser
- Mood disorders can be treated without therapy
- What is a Laker
- Could modern cattle survive without human care?
- Why are humans superior to animals
- Why do some people fear the rights of homosexuals?
- Which is more beautiful Pakistan or India
- Why do we value films
- When should a software developer change jobs?
- Are Norwegian men physically abusive
- Is Islam a monotheistic religion?
- Why is the Palace of Versailles famous
- Why do people think Christianity is absurd
- Are there any orthodox churches in China
- What could only happen in France?