Who passed the Patriot Act
USA - balance sheet
The Bush administration's restriction of personal freedomsOn September 11, 2001, America's sense of security collapsed with the twin towers of the World Trade Center. The passage of the USA Patriot Act resulted in massive restrictions on civil rights.
The terrorist attacks of September 11, 2001 shook the foundation of the free democratic basic order of the United States: the basic trust of the Americans in their own strength. As a result, the state was assigned a special protective function and thus the task of protecting the "homeland" - also at the price of restricting individual rights, the so-called "civil liberties" .
The following is intended to illustrate the extent to which the attacks of September 11, 2001 traumatized and changed the society of the United States. Only against this background - this understanding of the feeling of vulnerability and the national threat - can one understand the confidence of the Americans in the protective function of their government, especially in the authority of the President as Supreme Commander. According to President George W. Bush, only vigorous action abroad and increased vigilance at home will provide security from further attacks on the American "homeland".
This "war on terrorism" also causes domestic "collateral damage". Preventing future terrorist attacks often comes at the expense of individual freedom. Even more: The so-called "Ashcroft Doctrine" of prevention threatens to undermine the fundamental safeguarding of personal freedom rights through the system of mutually controlling powers.
Once again in American history, external threats have shifted the power balance of these competing branches of government in favor of executive power. In this respect, the Congress has a special responsibility - especially since, as previous experience has shown, judicial control in times of war is rather weak. By exercising its communication and control functions, the legislature can ensure that, even in times of national uncertainty, individual freedoms are not unduly restricted by referring to the collective need for protection.
- Qatar is richer than Saudi Arabia
- Is sarcasm ever appropriate
- The Georgian country hates Turkey
- How many Armenian dialects are there
- Which products have the highest premium?
- Is fame really so desirable
- Why is China interested in Sikkim
- Is the stack overflow effective for developer support?
- How do I sue Delta Air Lines
- Are pilots well paid
- A civilian can buy mothballed military equipment
- What do Greeks think of Indians
- What's wrong with BJP politicians
- Which is an antonym of versatile
- Hawaiian is the everyday language of Hawaii
- Index funds become bubbles
- TN is more developed than Karnataka
- What Slavic language borrowed Celtic words
- What are some examples of prejudice
- Why does London want independence
- What kind of place is Whitefield Bangalore
- Does my business have potential
- How to Spell Muhammad in Arabic
- What is the best example of rational ignorance
- What is the fastest crochet stitch
- What is an easy way to focus
- Indonesia is an enemy of Christians
- The Turkish Navy is small
- What do you hate about politicians?
- How unpredictable can Narendra Modi be
- How does Ni work compared to Si
- How can I focus on Java
- Why did the Ottoman Empire fall