What prevents alcoholism
Avoid Relapse To Alcohol: Tips To Prevent Alcohol Relapse
"Just a sip ..." can quickly become fatal when quitting alcohol. Find out here which behavioral strategies you can use to cope with risky situations and avoid relapse to alcoholism.
Recognize personal risk situations
Alcohol cessation is a lengthy process with a high risk of relapse into alcoholism. While the physical withdrawal symptoms subside within a few weeks, the alcoholic must actively overcome the psychological dependence by consciously dealing with his former drinking behavior.
Because the situations in which the temptation to pick up the bottle is particularly great differ from person to person. While one drinks to suppress negative feelings, the other cannot cope with the social pressure and allows himself to be tempted to consume alcohol at social events.
In order to prevent a relapse to alcoholism in the first place, the Blue Cross addicts help recommends dealing with personal behavioral patterns and developing strategies for risky situations.
Stressful situations encourage a relapse to alcoholism
A quarrel in the family or anger at work - no one is immune from exhausting conflict situations. When the emotions boil over, the temptation to drown the anger in alcohol is particularly high. But be aware that if you indulge yourself in the intoxication now, it will not solve any problem.
On the contrary, your alcohol cessation is in serious danger and a relapse to alcoholism is likely. That is why the lifebuoy association recommends giving sobriety the highest priority in conflict situations. If possible, withdraw from the situation, concentrate on yourself and seek contact with other people affected. Friends in your group will help you cope with the situation and prevent a relapse into alcoholism.
Alcohol cessation: sober in everyday life
Everyone has a bad day. These are particularly likely to relapse into alcoholism. Therefore, you should take extra care of yourself while quitting alcohol. Eat healthy foods, exercise, and do good things with friends and family. The better you take care of yourself, the sooner you will discover the benefits of abstaining from alcohol for your body and mind.
If you should lose your joie de vivre, the Lifebuoy Association recommends that you keep yourself busy. So as not to leave room for boredom and dejection, tidy up, clean the windows and redesign your apartment. In this way you can overcome the current tension and say to yourself: "Not today!"
Important NOTE: The information is in no way a substitute for professional advice or treatment by trained and recognized doctors. The contents of t-online cannot and must not be used to independently make diagnoses or start treatments.
- Are the Hindus the enemies of America?
- What does a narcissistic grin mean
- Trump wrote his own victory speech
- Which series do you see every day
- When did you know you were talented?
- What is AIMD in TCP
- What is the global warming method
- What color sneakers go with all jeans pants
- How do Lebanese say grandma
- All India Bakchod AIB is ready
- How will Facebook categorize fake messages
- Is entrepreneurship about doing more than learning?
- How diverse is Indian food
- Can Russia become socialist again?
- Which car do you drive
- Who is your favorite conservative speaker
- What was your first meaningful relationship
- What is your rating of Santiago Chile
- What is the safest airline
- When will we be satisfied
- What do most Pakistanis think of their ethnicity?
- Modi haters become India haters
- Will there ever be a technological breakthrough?
- How is Diwali celebrated in IITs