Why do people enjoy serious TV dramas
Christiane Hörbiger in an interview about the ARD drama “The Last Journey”, getting older in front of the camera and the joy of life.
Christiane Hörbiger has been the lady on duty on television for decades. Older viewers will never forget the Viennese-born countess in the ZDF series “Das Erbe der Guldenburgs” (1987–1990). But for some years now, the now 78-year-old has broken with the image of the noble lady and also embodies old, lonely, sick women. So on Monday at 8:15 p.m. in Florian Baxmeyer's ARD film "The last trip" about a woman who wants to put an end to her life. We talked to the 78-year-old about the film and her age.
No, euthanasia is out of the question for me. I am catholic and a believer. I don't mean that one should mess with God’s craft.
Yeah, where else should you do that? Do you think it would be more appropriate in the cinema or on stage? Oh God, there are really serious issues that television presents. The film is not a comedy, but rather raises a question that is very topical.
I have no choice but to accept it and make the best of it. (Laughs) And I'm not afraid of getting old - no, I'm already old. To a certain extent, work is also part of this process for me. Work helps over everything. It's a very, very wonderful thing - you know that about yourself.
As long as you are still healthy and remember the text and there are people, thank God also on ARD, who want to continue working with me, that's okay. But the audience can retire me.
I really don't have the slightest problem with that. Even from the stage - I played Marthe Schwerdtlein (from Goethe's “Faust”, Red.) When I was 30. A real actress must also be able to grow old. Personal vanity is unprofessional.
Quite right - absolutely! I had also expressed the wish to ARD. And now the broadcaster and my wonderful producer Markus Trebitsch have offered me a wonderful book - something funny. Filming will start in February or March of next year, but of course I'm not allowed to reveal any specifics.
My two little boobs. You are my whole delight. One is called Loriot and the other Vicco von Bülow. But it is only called Vicco and is insanely bad.
No they are not!
You are just adorable! In my house in Baden near Vienna they are outside in the garden. But when I'm in my apartment in Vienna, I take them for a walk three times a day. That ensures a zest for life!
The conversation went onUlrike Cordes
- Is Islam the final message of God
- The earthquake in Nepal was forecast
- What are some interesting laws in Australia
- How do I develop an Android app
- Is ABBA better than the Beatles
- What are LGBT rights in Algeria
- What is the difference between realism and cynicism
- Which city is the most populous in India?
- The prices for solar modules are falling rapidly
- How are Israel's relations with Palestine?
- What is your worst experience in america
- Can be stored electricity for 5 days
- What does the KKK think of Asians
- Can your shadows reflect shadows
- How is dividend income taxed in India
- Are pilots well paid
- Which is Britain's second largest city
- How is a catholic wedding
- What are some mysterious places in Kerala
- Starts Upstate New York at 125th place
- Why do fingernails hurt underneath
- What causes the eyesight to deteriorate
- How good is JTF2
- How was man made
- What are the limits of civil engineering
- Are whiteboard videos done
- How's the Marine Corps OCC
- Is Fox News Pro Russian
- What is a web worker
- What important document was written in 1776
- How is the Nepalese culture unique
- What was your scariest experience at sea
- How good is JTF2