What does the Hindi word Ikraar mean
Waqt (Hindi: वक़्त, Urdu: وقت, translated: time) is a successful 1965 Hindi film directed by Yash Chopra.
The wealthy businessman Lala Kedarnath has a happy family with his wife and three young sons. Luck seems perfect until fate strikes: An earthquake destroys his house and business and his family is lost in the hustle and bustle.
His eldest son ended up in the orphanage. When Lala finds out, he wants to pick him up, but Raja has fled because the director of the orphanage had mistreated him. As a result, Lala becomes so angry that he strangles the leader and has to go to prison for 20 years. Meanwhile, his wife Laxmi takes care of the youngest son Vijay, who is the only one left to her.
A few years later, Lala is released from prison, unfortunately he does not know what has become of his family.
Son Kuku was adopted by a wealthy couple - the parents of the beautiful Renu - and is a lawyer under his new name Ravi. The youngest son Vijay graduated from school and financially supports his sick mother by working as a chauffeur for the wealthy Renu. He also fell in love with her. The eldest son Raja was raised by the crook Chinoy after his escape from the orphanage and earns his living as a thief. He steals the necklace from Meena, but brings it back because he has fallen in love with her. However, Meena is already taken to Ravi. All three brothers do not know that they are related to each other.
Chinoy blames Raja for a murderous matter. Raja is defended by Ravi in court. Eventually the whole truth emerges at a court hearing and the once torn family is reunited and is now happier than ever. They even open their old business.
Filmfare Award 1966
|Aage Bhi Jaane Na Tu||Asha Bhosle|
|Aye Meri Zohra Jabeen||Manna Dey|
|Hum Jab Simat Ke Aapki||Mahendra Kapoor, Asha Bhosle|
|Waqt Se Din Aur Raat||Mohammad Rafi|
|Din Grove Bahaar Ke Tere Mere Iqraar Ke||Mahendra Kapoor, Asha Bhosle|
|Chehre Pe Khushi Chha Jaati Hai||Asha Bhosle|
|Kaun Aaya Ki Nigaahon My Chamak Jaag Uthi||Asha Bhosle|
The songs Ai Meri Zohrajabeen, Din Hai Bahar Ke and Aage Bhi Jane Na Tu became hits. The lyrics were written by Sahir Ludhianvi.
Waqt is a contribution to the popular lost-and-found genre that has been around since Kismet (1943) and Awaara (1951) often shapes the plot structure of Indian films. The film was a huge success and is exemplary of the kitschy color aesthetic that became popular as an expression of wealth in Hindi film, particularly in the 1970s.
- ↑ Ashish Rajadhyaksha, Paul Willemen: Encyclopaedia of Indian Cinema, P. 387
- Did George Michael speak Greek
- How is IBA Bangalore for placement purposes
- Should I quit Quora 1?
- Which is the best rock music
- Is Kepa Arrizabalaga 71 6m worth
- How do ads affect children?
- Should sleep a 15 year old naked
- Which food increases eyesight
- How can someone be capitalist and anarchist
- What makes Taylor Swift so annoying
- Face tattoos affect employment opportunities
- America is a big caste system
- What is the Pizza Hut employee discount
- What happens to Trump if he loses
- What is dyspareunia
- Why don't I have a best friend
- What are the best conversations between lovers
- I am 12 years old. I can masturbate
- What is the SOAP API
- Why doesn't Bengaluru like Kannada
- What measures can be taken against stalking?
- How do you say to kill in Chinese?
- How many math symbols are there
- Perl versus Python