Should sleep a 15 year old naked
Is It Healthy To Sleep Naked?
It's actually the most natural thing in the world. And it should be beneficial for well-being, health and beauty to loll around on the mattress at night without a cover - if you believe the relevant magazines. But what do sleep researchers say about it? Basically, Professor Thomas Penzel thinks that everyone should bed down in the way that is most comfortable for them. "Clothes that pinch or rub can be safely sorted out." However, the scientific director of the Interdisciplinary Sleep Medicine Center at the Charité in Berlin recommends covering yourself with at least a linen cloth and not underestimating the risk of hypothermia.
No feeling of cold in REM sleep
To fall asleep, the core body temperature should first drop by about one degree, explains Penzel. It is therefore a good idea to keep the bedroom a little cooler so that body heat can be conducted away from the core of the body via arms and legs and given off. However, the sleeper should not help by letting cooling air wipe directly over his skin - be it through an air conditioning system, fan, hairdryer or an open window. This can cool the body down too much during the night.
"In a certain sleep phase, the so-called REM sleep, the body's reflexes to regulate body heat fail," says Penzel. In this phase, the sleeper can overcool or overheat without kicking away or pulling the blanket as a reaction. "If you still insist on a fan in the bedroom, you should point it in another corner of the room so that a draft of air only comes in indirectly."
Sleeping naked means: going to bed more often
If the pajamas are left in the closet, they cannot absorb the sweat of the sleeper. The more body fluid ends up in the sheet. Therefore it is necessary to wash the covers more often. "When sleeping naked, it may be necessary twice a week or more," says Penzel. Accordingly, there is more laundry in the household - unfavorable for the environment.
No faster weight loss
To compensate for the effort, is it at least easier to lose weight because the body has to produce more heat? Penzel waves it aside: "With a healthy, deep sleep, the body reduces its metabolism at night anyway. I can't imagine a major effect there." It is true that in the morning after getting up you usually weigh half a kilo to one and a half kilograms less than in the evening. The weight loss is mainly explained by the nocturnal fluid loss. "Increasing weight loss during sleep is more likely to occur with fever or other illnesses," adds the expert.
- Why are cities built in grids?
- Why do people like to watch Big Boss
- Is it worth it to join the rottenness
- What is foie gras
- Who are the smallest porn stars
- Should I join Palantir?
- How does Google AdMob work
- Who invented the ferris wheel?
- Where can I learn the Java language
- What do communication engineers do
- What motivates you to do something?
- How does GrubHub pay for restaurants
- Why do people hate Fox News
- Can cold weather trip a circuit breaker
- Why does India have a low HDI
- What does it mean to be religious
- What is the importance of compliance with rules
- Cell phone flashlights emit UV light
- Christianity regards masturbation as a sin
- Why is MAMAMOO not more popular
- What absorbs ultraviolet rays in the atmosphere
- What are your top 10 western films
- What was the deadliest year for rappers
- What has Nero achieved