How many nationalities will it have
New figures on the population in Berlin : 35 percent of Berliners have a migration background
The Berlin population is becoming more and more international. The proportion of residents with foreign roots is now 35 percent, as can be seen from the figures from the Office of Statistics for 2019. Ten years ago, at the end of 2009, there were around 25 percent of residents with a migration background, i.e. with a foreign nationality or origin. Since then, there has been about one percentage point added every year.
Of the currently 3.77 million Berliners, 2.45 million are Germans without a migration background. 1.32 million people have foreign roots. 543,000 of these people have a German passport and 777,000 are foreigners.
Of the around 1.3 million Berliners with a migration background, 417,000 come from EU countries, most of them from Poland (114,000). 182,000 people have roots in Turkey and 154,000 in the Arab states. 145,000 people come from countries of the former Soviet Union.
This is what it looks like in the districts
The district with the highest proportion of people with a migration background is Mitte (54 percent) with the districts of Wedding and Gesundbrunnen. In second place is Neukölln with a share of 47 percent. Treptow-Köpenick has the lowest value (17 percent).
[Wedding is not Gesundbrunnen and neither is middle - so formally yes ... but ... you know. Every Wednesday there is more from the district in our people newsletter. Order the Mitte newsletter and the other eleven issues free of charge: people.tagesspiegel.de]
According to the official figures, almost exactly 400,000 more people lived in Berlin at the end of 2019 than at the end of 2009. Of these, almost 320,000 were foreigners, many of whom had moved to Berlin because of their jobs.
The capital is currently growing more slowly than in previous years. At the end of 2019 there were around 20,000 more people than a year earlier. That was the lowest increase in the past ten years. The average growth in those years was around 40,000. (dpa)
- You can best define the word
- How fast do fighter jets fly
- What is your favorite religion
- Which app plays free music without WIFI
- Modern wicca neo paganism versus ancient magic
- Have you ever worn someone else's underwear?
- What are the best Hindi songs
- How do I register a new company
- Are private jets safe
- Some Americans are arrogant and insular
- How can I identify paranoid thoughts
- How much does a Dubai visa cost
- Which is better ICICI or HDFC
- The mind controls the mind
- What kind of investors are there
- Will cryptocurrencies make gold worthless
- What are the beliefs of Jainism
- Which countries prohibit television
- Why has the standard of living increased across Europe
- Why do people search for God
- B12 deficiency causes death and madness
- The XAT percentage is our XAT score
- How were the Mongols so efficient
- How do dogs recognize other dogs?