What's best for tense muscles
Tense muscles. Painful tension.
Counteract muscle tension with ointment, warmth and exercise.
Muscle Tension: An Overview
Many sufferers are familiar with the problem: muscle tension usually affects the back, neck and shoulder muscles and mostly occurs as a result of our way of life. Lack of movement, bad posture, excessive strain - all of these factors can contribute to the development of painful tension. But how can you relieve the pain? What helps against muscle tension?
How muscle tension develops
The function of the muscles is crucial for our daily life. Thanks to her, we are able to breathe, digest food, and maintain a regular heartbeat. And not only that: We can even consciously influence and move more than 600 muscles in our body. They enable movements such as walking, bending or stretching an arm and grasping objects.
Every tension in a muscle results in its temporary shortening. Once the desired movement has been carried out, it relaxes and extends again. It becomes problematic when muscles are due to different causestense up and shorten more and more. Then the relaxation phase disappears and the muscles can no longer recover. As a result, the person concerned takes a protective posture, which usually exacerbates the problem.
The additional disadvantage:
For hardened musclesthe sensitivity of the pain receptors increases. The nerves in and around the muscles become increasingly irritable, tooinflammatory processes are possible.
This is how tensions become noticeable
For the person concerned, muscle tension is withcomplaints how
- dull pain in the affected area (especially back, shoulders, neck),
- limited mobility due to the pain (for example, the head can no longer be turned completely to the side when the neck muscles are tense),
- nodular hardening of the muscles (myogelosis),
- Tenderness on the affected area and
- Headache associated with neck and shoulder tension.
In order to be able to effectively treat the resulting muscle tension and its symptoms, it is first important to take a look at its causes.
Typical causes of muscle tension
Muscle tension is particularly common in the back, neck and shoulders. Why it is like that? Painful tension in the muscles there are commonFollow our modern, sedentary lifestyle.
Untrained muscles in particular tense up and shorten when there is a lack of exercise and one-sided strain - for example in the context of aBad posture, as it can arise from sitting in front of the PC regularly and for too long. But also psychological factors like
- Overwork or
can promote muscle spasms. It is not for nothing that it is said: “Fear sits on my neck.” Seldom also carriesHard physical work contributes to the development of muscle tension.
What helps against muscle tension?
In order to release muscle tension and move freely again, those affected standseveral methods to disposal:
- Ointments against tension
For many patients, the primary goal is to relieve the pain. Ointments against tension are ideal here: A local pain reliever like doc® Ibuprofen pain gel relieves muscle pain quickly and easily. In particular, the unique doc®-Microgel galenics enable the proven pain-reliever active ingredient ibuprofen to penetrate quickly into deeper, painful tissue layers. The active ingredient gets to where it is needed without any detours. It unfolds its pain-relieving and anti-inflammatory effect directly at the point of pain. Ibuprofen is concentrated at the site of action itself and not in the plasma - the rest of the organism is therefore not unnecessarily burdened.
- Application of heat
Many sufferers rely on heat to relieve muscle tension. They increase blood flow and the cramped muscles can relax. However, while the use of cherry stone pillows or hot water bottles is not always practical, especially during the day, and warming ointments or plasters containing active ingredients can sometimes cause skin irritation, the doc is convincing® Therma heat pad thanks to its simple, quick handling, good skin tolerance and flexible fit - for at least eight hours.
- Exercise and massages
What also helps against muscle tension are measures such as exercise (initially with guidance!) And massages. Both techniques - if performed correctly - can loosen the hardening of muscle tension and allow the patient an increasingly greater range of motion.
- Reduce stress
In many cases, reducing stress also plays a role in avoiding acute and future triggers of muscle tension. In special courses on stress management or Qi Gong, progressive muscle relaxation, yoga and the like, those affected learn to deal better with the stress.
If the symptoms persist or if they become unusually severe, it is advisable toto see the family doctor - He can get to the bottom of the exact causes and give further assistance, what helps against muscle tension and how can be effectively prevented.
doc® order now at your local pharmacy!
No walking for free - this is especially true when pain is associated with every step. Order doc® Ibuprofen pain gel, doc® Arnica or doc® Therma for collection and ensure guaranteed availability. In some cases, home delivery by the pharmacy is also possible.
- How were mosques built
- Which European senators will visit Kashmir tomorrow
- America is overrated
- What was Adolf Hitler's leadership style
- How do Horn Africans treat other Africans
- Who is the most beautiful Australian actress
- Grows up Albania real estate
- What is the story of Indigo Airlines
- How does skydiving feel?
- Who designed Apple's iPad 2 Smart Cover
- Is Jamo made by Klipsch
- Is it real estate or real estate
- Has anyone left IIM ABC for FMS
- What color is blue-green and red
- What is the best sound system for the car
- Vincent Van Gogh was bisexual
- Are there places in Bhubaneswar
- Can the eye power be corrected
- Which airport terminal in Dubai is the best
- Dear Americans Priyanka Chopra
- Who can join the FBI
- What do Christian scientists believe
- Amish practice polygamy
- Is dry ice smoke dangerous
- Do you watch TV very often?
- Are the Philippines a basketball country?
- How is Pope Francis personally?
- Why is it good to boycott Israel?
- Most people regret having children
- Which state has the most blacks?
- What is the meaning of dhanteras
- Where I can get Lehenga to celebrate
- What would happen if there weren't any celebrities?
- Why is the Indian government increasing taxes