Which retail companies support Trump
GOLF STATES RESOLVE DISPUTE WITH QATAR
About three years after the start of a blockade against Qatar, the neighboring Gulf states are settling their dispute with the emirate. Saudi Arabia and its allies imposed the blockade in 2017, cutting off all diplomatic and trade relations and transport routes. Compatriots and investments were withdrawn. Egypt joined the blockade. Observers also saw this as an attempt by Saudi Arabia to expand its dominance in the region.
Ahmed Nassir al-Mohammed al-Sabah, Kuwait's foreign minister, said on Monday that the countries had agreed to open their border traffic. Just in time for the annual meeting of the Gulf Cooperation Council in Riyadh on Tuesday. At the beginning of December, the Saudi Foreign Minister Faisal bin Farhan spoke of significant progress in finding a solution to the crisis. The position of Sheikh Mohammed bin Said Al Nahjan, Crown Prince Abu Dhabi and de facto ruler of the United Arab Emirates (UAE) remained unclear.
Qatar's support for Islamist organizations was and is a thorn in the side of Riyadh and Abu Dhabi in particular. The emirate was accused of supporting terrorism and having too close ties with Shiite Iran. Qatar had denied the allegations. The direct consequence of the blockade was initially a bottleneck in imported goods. On the other hand, Qatar was able to compensate for financial losses from its multi-billion dollar sovereign wealth fund. Thanks to its large economic resources and political alliances beyond the Gulf region, the emirate withstood the pressure.
In terms of per capita income, the country is one of the richest in the world. At the same time, it has come under fire because of the human rights situation, especially when it comes to dealing with migrant workers. Even so, Qatar will be the controversial host of the World Cup in 2022.
- Is there an interview with a UK transit visa
- How do I crack the password of my smartphone
- Which English words do not contain vowels?
- Who is our best prime minister
- Is the UK a democratic country?
- What is the training salary at Infosys
- What is a dividend yield
- Is libertarianism a religion
- The letter W is a consonant
- What is aviation fuel
- In which countries are most journalists imprisoned?
- Who are the sellers on Amazon
- How good is the Kannada movie Mouni
- How can I talk to emotions
- Offers Pizza Hut vouchers
- Which Quora users are Indonesians 1
- Why is Salesforce CRM so popular
- What do the Japanese think of Yukio Hatoyama
- How much has Sanskrit influenced Hindi
- Which are the biggest cities in Romania
- When was smoking banned in offices?
- What is the Union of Sovereign States
- Which is the best weighing bridge company
- Where is Indian black money