Why doesn't Apple sponsor anything
Apple leads the way in product placements in films
The marketing service Brandchannel has published its annual list of the most frequent product placements in American cinema. The "Brandcameo Product Placement Awards" put the iPhone manufacturer Apple in the lead in 2014. In nine of the 35 films that were in front of the box office on a weekend in the USA last year, the apple logo appeared.
Brandchannel not only counts the products mentioned, such as MacBooks or iPhones, but also entire scenes that have Apple as their content, such as a visit to an Apple retail store in the "Captain America: The Winter Soldier" film. Apple also appears in other blockbusters such as "Gone Girl", "The Fault in Our Stars" or the Oscar-winning flick "Birdman".
Apple received the top title just ahead of two companies that share second place: Sony and Coca-Cola were only mentioned in one film less. Brandchannel also awarded "minus points": Apple subsidiary Beats received the "Prize for the worst product placement 2014". In "Transformers: Age of Extinction" a material called "Transformium" is turned into a loudspeaker.
Traditionally, Apple shouldn't put any money into product placements - at least that's what insider circles have been saying for years. Instead, the company gives its technology to productions free of charge, which is then loaned out. There should be a separate department in Cupertino for this purpose. Most recently, a whole episode of "Modern Family" played on Apple devices, even here Apple paid nothing. (bsc)Read comments (114) Go to homepage
- Why does Australia not use electronic voting machines?
- What makes Hinduism superior to Christianity
- Urdu is the national language of the respective country
- How's the crowd at RVCE
- An ophthalmologist can see eye swimmers clearly
- What should i do to learn Java
- Do you have a boyfriend
- Why do I want to move
- What is the ITS department in Infosys
- How do humans arise from monkeys
- Who were the Ottoman sultans
- Did you accidentally wear two different shoes?
- Where is the Kaziranga National Park
- What is it like to visit Siebenbuergen?
- How important is business credit
- What is a management IP address
- Akbar, the Mughal emperor, was a womanizer
- What is the Most Overrated Broadway Musical
- What is a car battery multimeter
- How do I actively participate in the Church
- How much milk do babies consume every day?
- Why should we sympathize with others?
- How were sedimentary rocks formed