Picasso had children
|Picasso: "Women are either goddesses or doormats"|
Picasso was a macho. Although he was a 20th century painter, he treated his wives more like a 19th century Spaniard. The women influenced his work, they were his muses and his supporters. They adored him and stayed with him of their own free will, although he could not be faithful and sometimes behaved impossibly towards them. He expected absolute devotion from them. He only seemed to love himself, but if he wanted to, he could make them feel like the most important person in his life. Because the women divided Picasso's life into different phases, they are briefly introduced here.
|Fernande Olivier was his model and first mistress in Paris. At the beginning of the new century he and Fernande went through a difficult, poor time in the Bateau Lavoir, which he later looked back on with longing. In her memoirs, she wrote about the time together without reproach or bitterness. They were together for about 7 years.|
|Olga Khoklova came from the Russian nobility. She was a ballet dancer in the famous Diaghilev troupe. When Picasso designed the costume and stage design for the “Ballet Parade” in Rome, he got to know her and was impressed by her exotic nature. He married her in 1917, after which she gave up her job. In 1921 she gave birth to his first son Paolo. She asked a lot of him, but Picasso couldn't even give her a loving relationship. So they separated in 1935, but never got divorced. Olga could never let go and died a lonely death in 1955 after terrible illnesses.|
|Picasso learned Marie-Therese Walther as a 17 year old girl. He was fascinated by her grace and beauty, so he started an affair with her. But he never introduced her to his artist circles and she was always unimpressed by his success, her interest was more in sport. Yet she nourished his work through her youth. As long as he was still with Olga, Marie-Therese was his refuge from reality. However, after his separation from his wife in 1935, she gave birth to his daughter Maya. The ease of this relationship was over and he fled. Marie-Therese always remained loyal to him.|
|As Dora Maar eventually came into his life to photograph him, he suddenly got to know a different kind of relationship. Dora was a very intelligent woman with whom he was easy to talk to. With her he lived a life of spirit. She too was a strong artist. It documented the creation of Guernica. Picasso immortalized her vulnerable being as a "weeping woman". He did not find her rivalry with Marie-Therese disturbing, but on the contrary a triumph of his masculinity. After their separation, she lived lonely and hurt, with no purpose in life. She had given up photography.|
|The young Françoise Gilot met Picasso shortly before the end of the Second World War. She was a budding artist herself and was inquisitive and carefree about the painter who was already famous at the time. She saw no competition in his previous wives. Their stormy relationship lasted 9 years during which she always tried to remain a strong woman. He liked to portray her as a nude, a sun or a flower, for example. She gave him two children, Claude and Paloma. The happiness of his family at this time meant more to him than just an artistic period. In 1953, Françoise separated from Picasso. She was the only woman who left him. In the book “Living with Picasso” she talks about him as an impressive person in a sovereign way.|
| Picasso met Jacqueline Roque after separating from Françoise in Vallauris in the south of France. At first she became a loyal companion, then his second wife. She is the woman who saw his final years. Because of her, he almost completely broke off contact with his former partners and children. After Picasso's death, she committed suicide. She always remained unfathomable, although in the end she was the most portrayed woman. |
- Where can I buy luxury furniture online
- Can scratches be removed from corrective glasses
- What strange hobby brings you tremendous luck
- What is the opposite of lateral thinking
- Where to rent jewelry in Mumbai
- Was Bhagat Singh against capitalism
- What does Kaan mean in Tamil
- Are Serbs proud of Gavrilo Princip
- Which is better ECE or EE
- Why do we use the Laplace transform
- Which Norwegian singers are known worldwide
- How is ILAM for Aviation Management
- How can I express more emotions
- What makes a composer a genius?
- What Christian bands sound like Motorhead
- When was Islam first recorded in Ireland?
- Should I take care of people
- How do I become a television writer
- What is protocol cooperation
- Do the people of Bhutan understand Hindi
- What could cause dizziness when lying down?
- Will communism reappear in the future?
- How can we preserve our traditional culture
- What are the professions in India
- How do I start learning the PHP framework
- Why was Israel not founded after the First World War?
- Can you exit Infosys after Mysore training?
- How do I not choose mutual funds
- How will federalism change Nepal?
- What did we learn from Egyptian hieroglyphics?
- Why do people like holidays
- How do I stop eating while I am studying
- National Geographic magazines are worth subscribing to