Color blind people see white
How color blind people see the world
There are four types of color blindness in total. About eight percent of men in Austria and Germany are affected by red-green visual impairment (protanopia or deuteranopia), 0.4 percent of women. In comparison, blue blindness is very rare with a prevalence of 0.005 percent. Complete color blindness, in which only "light-dark" contrasts can be perceived (achromatism), occurs in around five percent of the population.
Around 300 million people around the world see the world in different colors. How exactly is shown by the non-profit organization Color Blind Awareness in cooperation with the contact lens manufacturer Lenstore. In total, over 30 photos of places and sights were processed with special software in order to bring normal sighted people closer to the "color-blind" world.
The red-green poor eyesight protanopia
Typical of protanopia is the lack of L-cones in the retina, which are responsible for processing long-wave light. The light that excites the L-cones is mainly in the red spectrum. Protanopes therefore have difficulty distinguishing between red and green and blue and green.
Deuteranopia, the red-green visual impairment
In deuteranopia, the so-called M-cones are missing, which mainly react to light in the green color range. It is more difficult for deuteranopes to distinguish green from red and blue. Besides protanopia, this is the most common type of color blindness.
The blue blindness tritanopia
Tritanopia is characterized by the lack of the K cones, which are responsible for processing short-wave light. K-cones are mainly excited by light in the blue color range. Tritanopes have difficulty distinguishing between blue and yellow hues. Green is often confused with blue and purple with black. (red, December 17, 2018)
- Is the universe and existence real
- What is ono
- Which Ottoman Sultan performed a Hajj?
- What is cow vigilance
- Something's illegal in New Zealand
- How are forex trading profits taxed
- Will carrots join the straw hats?
- What is a quantitative developer
- What are some unspoken rules among Jews
- What is your favorite technology
- How was HTML created
- How did the British exploit Indian agriculture
- How can I short-circuit the startup culture
- What will satisfy the average Indian
- How can I use time management sensibly
- How do I find the USB port
- What is the difference between realism and cynicism
- Can women become monks
- Why does the world need leaders
- Why do I hate drugs so much
- Are cryptocurrencies a good thing or a bad thing
- What are important ethics in journalism
- Why are atheism and Islam growing
- Why do we have colorful dreams
- Will you ever leave Australia
- When did Katrina Kaif have botox
- Why does everyone love Hrithik Rohan's acting
- Why do we hate to be misunderstood?
- What does it cost to leave Australia
- Is Akshay Kumar the epitome of NRI nationalism
- What is special and important about silver
- Do you have a favorite airport?
- Do foreigners know the history of Tamil pride
- What is happening in Serbia