What are the biggest challenges for photojournalists today?
Can Photojournalism Survive? The industry speaks up
“When Don McCullin's pictures appeared in newspapers, they made headlines. For example, when I take a picture today at Nelson Mandela's funeral, there are 300 other photographers besides me. So many photos are taken these days that it is almost impossible to take a truly symbolic picture. A lot has changed there. You're not the only one - there are still a lot of colleagues on site, not to mention all the people with cell phones. "
“I don't think photos will ever lose their expressiveness and impact. I find individual pictures incredibly expressive - I can look at a single picture and never forget it. Today, however, there are new ways to tell stories - with cell phones, interactive online experiences, and virtual reality. You just have to think about what goes best with the story in question. "
About Ilvy Njiokiktjien
Canon Ambassador Ilvy from the Netherlands is a freelance news and documentary photographer. She has reported on current affairs and social hot spots for NGOs and major media around the world. Her work has won a Canon AFJ Award and a World Press Photo Multimedia Award, among others.
“I think we are freer now than before. On the one hand because of technology and on the other hand because newspapers are not as important to young photographers or myself as they used to be to people. We've got rid of the newspapers and can now tell stories exactly how we want to tell them. "
“One of the dangers is that photographers themselves are now being targeted in conflicts. And I have the feeling that I cannot do my job well if I have to be afraid. "
- What is your rating of Al Jazeera
- How are church doing spiritually?
- Most Muslims are nice
- Is the Chinese language difficult
- How can I cure my ADHD
- How to calculate GDP per capita
- Can military aircraft fly backwards
- Can I get on an IIT 1?
- What drives innovation 2
- Which is your favorite city in India
- Who won the Anglo-Spanish war
- What did Mao do to China
- What if Sholay releases today
- Was Obama ever a Senator
- Which caliph was the first caliph
- Why don't Indians love their country?
- Who owns the property of the Church?
- Why is China harassing India
- Can I be both a Christian and a Buddhist
- How can I earn money with ySense
- Barbra Streisand is a pretty woman
- How is it that fake news spreads so easily
- Suffering is a blessing or a curse
- What can people learn from government shutdowns