Why is MySQL more popular than PostgreSQL
Open source databases for professional use
Until recently, the database world in corporate environments was clearly and unambiguously organized: In the high-end and mid-range areas, IBM and Oracle dominated, while Microsoft collected the rest in the lower segment.
But times have changed. Recently, more and more companies all over the world have made use of open source databases. There are several reasons for this.
For example, databases with open source code are considered to be more reliable compared to commercial systems, as the control and verification mechanisms are more pronounced. Developers of open source software have a self-image that corresponds more to the scientific way of working at universities: They exchange ideas with one another and check each other's results.
Second, because the source code is open, the database system can be checked, further developed and adapted to company requirements. In commercial systems, this option usually does not exist, as Microsoft and Co consider their program code to be a closely guarded secret and only deliver it in machine-readable binary code.
Finally, the cost argument must also be considered. No user of open source databases has to pay license fees if they want to use them. The current economic situation with the increased cost pressure as well as changes in the license conditions of the established software manufacturers to the detriment of customers make it easier for many users to move towards open source.
- Knowledge of programming can help you in school
- What are the advantages of multiple passes
- What is the complainant in a divorce
- Is selflessness just selfishness in denial
- What is a new order Mormon
- What does Islam say about anger
- History controls society
- What is more educational films or books
- Is the use of the Monero crypto currency really anonymous?
- Is darkness really good or bad
- What topics are you most interested in in life
- Are floor or window AC units better
- What makes your favorite album so special
- Is Chetan Bhagat's novel Revolution 2020 underestimated?
- How was the creation of Israel
- What are the best PyQt5 tutorials
- Where can I sell my TBC
- What makes UX designers drink
- How do you deal with arrogant people
- How did you get famous overnight
- How many Indians are there in England
- Is the safari okay?
- Why do Amish people go barefoot
- What was the reasoning behind Hitler's final solution?