Should I be a nudist?
Are nudists happier with their own bodies?
From TRAVELBOOK | April 14, 2018, 11:39 a.m.
According to a British study, people who spend a lot of time naked feel more comfortable in their skin - and in life in general. If that's true, our vacations should now include plenty of nudist activities.
Trample in the gym, healthy eating, and detox programs? All unnecessary! Anyone who wants to be happy with their body should simply drop their covers more often - ideally in the company of others. At least that's what British scientists claim.
Also interesting: Nudism - 7 things to avoid
Even if the whole thing may sound a bit strange to some, the reason for the study was actually a serious topic: the widespread insecurity with one's own body, fueled by social ideals. In order to find a possible solution to this global problem, Dr. Keon West and his research team at London's Goldsmith University explored nudism motivation - after all, nudists say they are happy when they don't have to wear clothes. The test results can be read in the journal "Journal of Happiness".
Also interesting: 9 gorgeous nudist beaches in Germany
Nudists are more confident
The study began by sending online questionnaires to 850 British people. The evaluation showed that those who had been naturist for a long time and regularly led a happier life overall, were more self-confident and more satisfied with their bodies. To support the results, the university researchers attended two nudist events in UK cities and interviewed on-site participants about their body image, self-esteem and overall satisfaction. Here, too, the answers were “considerably” more positive after the respondents had undressed. Here is a short film about the investigation:
Also interesting: Germany's nude hiking trails
Are you happier because others aren't perfect either?
For West and Co. it is clear that nudist activities are definitely beneficial for mental health. One of the assumptions is that looking at other naked bodies, which often do not correspond to the ideal of beauty transported in society, increases satisfaction with one's own body. However, the study could not provide any proof of this thesis. It is therefore also conceivable that being naked is sufficient to achieve a positive effect on satisfaction and self-perception.
Also interesting: the history of nudism in Germany
After all, it could also be that people who generally feel good in their body prefer to show it and have more fun with nudity. These and other questions should be clarified in further investigations.
- How is CO2 Lewis acid
- What is the difference between voici and voila
- Why should I keep my enemies close
- Which startup vacancy should I choose?
- Why do we choose self-destructive behavior
- Where is the best marijuana in Hyderabad
- Will merge Jetblue with Delta
- What is an example of transfer pricing
- Crossed Mahershala Ali Jordan
- What people think of the Indian government school
- What is the benefit of drinking lemon
- How easy it is to declare war
- Do you believe in the flat earth?
- Where should I put my empty money
- Should a president be allowed to tweet
- What is the most innocent vengeance
- Is Zahi Hawass good for Egyptian archeology
- What makes a music album good
- How to buy land in india
- Memphis feels like a big city
- What is the worst university in Boston
- Is the IQ reversible after depression?
- Are Indian schools better than Pakistani schools
- Who would be India's next Chanakya